Guides provide answers to questions about the Affordable Care Act
Two guides are available to help better understand the Supreme Court's decision on the Affordable Care Act(ACA). The first one was written by the National Disability Rights Network and is based on the answers to four questions:
- What programs and requirements of the ACA might people with disabilities find of particular value?
- What limits did the Court place on the ACA requirement that states expand Medicaid coverage to all individuals under age 65, with incomes between 100% and 133% of the federal poverty level (FPL)?
- What information can P&As offer to state officials and the public to explain why extending Medicaid coverage to a greater number of poor individuals and families makes good economic and political sense?
- What are some of the open questions concerning ACA implementation likely to be clarified in federal policy over the next few months?
The second document, prepared by the National Health Law Program, discusses the ACA and potential implications for Medicaid.
Read the guides:
- A Guide to The Affordable Care Act (PDF file)
- Fact Sheet: The Supreme Court's ACA Decision And Its Implications for Medicaid (PDF file)
To view and print PDF documents, you need to have Adobe® Reader®, a free software program, installed on your computer. Download Adobe® Reader®