LRS staff will participate in SSA's "Choose Work" training in Cleveland
Ohio Legal Rights Service (LRS) staff will participate in a "Choose Work" training in Cleveland being held August 31 through September 1. Representatives from the national, state, and local partner networks of the Social Security Administration's (SSA) Ticket to Work program will be at the training. LRS work incentive planners will be available on September 1 to provide information to beneficiaries regarding disability and work.
According to the SSA, "Nearly 475,000 Tickets have been issued to people receiving SSA disability benefits in the state of Ohio. More than 31,000 of those Ticket Holders have a recent work history and are of prime working age. Even though there are currently 59 Employment Networks (EN) working with over 1000 Ticket Holders at 80 EN locations throughout the state, there are plenty of Ticket Holders in Ohio interested in going to work and looking for assistance in doing so."
The objectives of this Choose Work training are to:
- Expand the number of ENs serving in communities;
- Assist current ENs to help more Ticket Holders, through technical assistance, training, sharing of best practices, and Work Incentives training; and
- Further develop existing, and create new partnerships in the community.
Who should attend:
- Organizations that help Social Security disability beneficiaries connect to work and careers;
- Current ENs for training and technical assistance, to connect with other ENs, hear tips from other successful ENs, receive training on Social Security Work Incentives, and network with community Ticket partners.
For more information, read the Choose Work training announcement (PDF file).
To register, go to the SSA's Choose Work Tour website.
To view and print PDF documents, you need to have Adobe® Reader®, a free software program, installed on your computer. Download Adobe® Reader®