Attention Ohio Veterans - have you applied for your bonus?
The Ohio Veterans Bonus Program provides compensation to veterans who served on active duty with the U.S. armed forces, including the Ohio National Guard, anywhere in the world during specified periods of time. Eligible veterans may receive $100 for each month of active duty service in the following locations during these specified dates. The maximum benefit for service in the three areas is $1,000.
- Persian Gulf: Between August 2, 1990 and March 3, 1991. Eligible veterans can apply for a bonus until December 31, 2013.
- Afghanistan: Since October 7, 2001. Eligible veterans can apply for a bonus for up to three years after the President declares an end to U.S. involvement in Afghanistan.
- Iraq: Since March 19, 2003. Eligible veterans can apply for a bonus for up to three years after the President declares an end to U.S. involvement in Iraq.
Eligible veterans serving on active duty (except active duty for training) anywhere else in the world during the specified dates may receive $50 a month up to a maximum bonus of $500. An eligible veteran may combine their service bonuses for a maximum payment of $1,500. To be eligible for a bonus:
- The veteran must have been separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions.
- The veteran remains on active duty service.
- After active duty service, the veteran remains in any reserve component of the armed forces, including the Ohio National Guard.
For more information about the program, including how to apply: Ohio Veterans Bonus Program