Under this new grant program, five to 10 Representative Payee Reviewers will be hired.
Reports To: Representative Payee Team Leader
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
A Representative Payee Reviewer monitors Social Security Representative Payeeships, onsite, throughout the state. Reviewers will be responsible for reviewing financial records of individuals receiving cash benefits through the Social Security Administration as well as interviewing these beneficiaries in concern with the Representative Payee services they are receiving. Reviewers work independently of others and will be required to travel to beneficiaries and Representative Payees.
Essential Job Duties:
- Conduct assigned financial reviews of individuals, agencies, and/or entities holding Representative Payee duties through the Social Security Administration in order to ensure accounting rules are properly maintained.
- Complete interviews with Representative Payees and beneficiaries, as well as their guardians, when applicable.
- Observe the physical surroundings in order to determine the safety and security of the beneficiaries, and make referrals when necessary.
- Identify problems or needed changes after reviews and assist with completing all required reports within a timely manner.
- Ensure confidentiality of all information received or provided at all times.
- Maintain and keep organized files and reports.
- An Associate’s degree in a relevant field or a combination of education and experience closely related to position.
A functional knowledge in basic financial record keeping.
Upon hire, successful completion of the Social Security Administration conducted background checks and fingerprinting in accordance with the Social Security Administration personnel suitability requirements. Adherence to the Social Security Administration’s Code of Ethics.
Upon hire, successful completion of required Social Security Administration Representative Payee training.
Commitment to mission of the P&A and to the civil rights of all people.
General knowledge of social security and community benefits.
Generally proficient in Microsoft Office and computer literacy as well as effective writing and communication skills.
Ability to work with individuals from a variety of cultural backgrounds and abilities.
Ability to travel.
Please submit a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com by close of business on July 13, 2018.