People with Disabilities and Advocates: Raise Your Voice!
May 13, 2015 / budget
We need your help today.
The Ohio Senate will be meeting at 1 p.m. tomorrow to review the Ohio budget and decide how much money will be provided for services and programs that allow people with developmental disabilities to live in the community.
Ohio lawmakers have said they are not hearing from many people who support these community services. They need to hear from you right now. Even if you have made a call in the past, please call again today to ensure that your voice is heard.
Here is what you need to do
1. Call Senator Oelslager, Chair of the Senate Finance Committee at 614-466-0626; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Call Senator Burke, Chair of the Senate Medicaid Committee at 614-466-8049; or email: email@example.com
3. Call your Ohio Senator. Use this link to find your Ohio State Senator (bottom left corner of the screen). In your call:
- Tell them they should provide funding and services and supports for people to live in the community. Tell your story about how important living in the community is to you.
- Tell them what you need to live in the community. Tell your story about living in the community and what services you need, including how important good quality, caring, well-trained providers are to you and your family.
- Tell them not to make changes to the Bill of Rights for Ohioans with Developmental Disabilities. “Nothing about us without us!”
Join us at the Ohio Statehouse tomorrow, May 14th at 1:00 p.m. and show your support for people with disabilities.
Speak out. Your voices are powerful.