You are here
The following are resources that relate to criminal justice in the jail and prison system. See also the Juvenile Justice section.
Disability Rights Ohio Actions
- LRS negotiates services for Ohio inmates: Staff negotiated with the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections (DRC) to provide accommodations and vision and vocational services to the inmates.
- Shreve, et al. v. Franklin County Ohio, et al.: Case involving the gratuitous and torturous use of Tasers by officers of the Franklin County Sheriff's Office at a county jail facility against inmates, many with disabilities.
- National Criminal Justice Initiatives Map: Provides links to state agencies and other organizations in Ohio related to the criminal justice system.
- Prisoners' Rights: American Civil Liberties Union
- Reentry Mythbusters (PDF file): Series of fact sheets about common myths for people who are re-entering society after being in jail. Topics include parental rights, TANF/welfare, eligibility for Social Security benefits, employment, public housing, VA compensation benefits and more.
- Special Issues for Prisoners with Mental Illness (PDF file): Section from a manual from the Columbia Human Rights Law Review.
- Traumatic Brain Injury and the U.S. Criminal Justice System (PDF file): Fact sheet from the Health Resources and Services Administration.
To view and print PDF documents, you need to have Adobe® Reader®, a free software program, installed on your computer. Download Adobe® Reader®