You are here

Special Education Resources


PDF version: Special Education: Other Agencies

Want an advocate?

Look for an advocate in your area of the state to assist you with your issue if you cannot resolve it yourself, or if you want support through the process. Contact the Ohio Coalition for the Education of Children with Disabilities.

Need an attorney?

You may contact the Ohio Bar Association for a referral at 800-282-6556 or You may also contact the Ohio State Legal Services Association.

Other Resources

The Ohio Department of Education

You can contact Ohio Department of Education (ODE) for assistance or to file a complaint. Call or write the department to get information about their complaint procedure or for assistance in working with your school district.

Address: 25 South Front Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215-4183

Phone: 877-644-6338 (toll free) or 614-466-2650 (local)
TDD: 800-750-0750
Fax: 614-728-1097

Ohio Coalition for the Education of Children with Disabilities (OCECD)

Ohio Coalition for the Education of Children with Disabilities (OCECD) assists parents with information and referral. OCECD maintains regional offices throughout the state.

Address: 165 West Center Street, Suite 302, Marion, Ohio 43302

Phone: 800-374-2806 

TDD: 800-750-0750
Fax: 740-383-6421

Disclaimer: This publication is intended to provide information only, and is not intended as legal advice. You should consult a lawyer if you need legal advice.

To view and print PDF documents, you need to have Adobe® Reader®, a free software program, installed on your computer. Download Adobe® Reader®